INSTRUCTIONS AND RULES FOR BIDDING AT GOLDINAUCTIONS.COM
To register for our Internet & Phone Auctions, please read the rules below and click the link at the bottom or top of the page. Please note that by completing the registration form you are accepting all the terms listed below. By placing a bid in this sale, you acknowledge and agree that you are bound by these Auction Procedures and Conditions of Sale.
If you have already registered for Goldin Auctions, you do NOT need to register again. If you forgot your Username/Bidder # or Password you can click on "Lost Password" and/or “Bidder Id”, email us at email@example.com, or call our offices (856) 767-8550.
Click Here to Register
1. Registration: If you are not a registered Goldin Auctions bidder, you must register online at www.goldinauctions.com or call (856) 767-8550 to provide your bidder information. If you do not recall your user information you can obtain this information by clicking on the "Lost Password" and/or “Bidder Id” located on all pages of the auction site. You may also call us at (856) 767-8550 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or continue to have difficulty.
a) International bidder registration: It is the policy of Goldin Auctions to adhere to all applicable laws and regulations. For this reason we must verify all international bidders prior to completing the registration process and allowing bidding. International bidders must provide a valid form of identification to confirm their identity. An email will also be sent to new international bidders to review and confirm the Rules and Instructions for bidding items and will highlight areas that pertain to international purchases. Once we receive a reply to the email confirming understanding and acceptance as well as bidder identity, registration will be completed and the account activated for bidding.
2. Bidding: Bidding begins immediately upon the launch of the auction on our web site....FOR INTERNET ONLY AUCTIONS. Bidding begins immediately upon the launch of the auction on our web site.... All initial bids must be placed before 10PM EST on the closing night of the auction. You must place a bid before 10:00 PM EST to continue bidding on that item after 10:00 PM EST per the 15-minute rule. If you are the only bidder on a lot at 10:00 PM EST on the auction closing date, you will be declared the winner, unless your bid does not meet the minimum bid or reserve bid. If you are outbid, you will be notified by email (please be sure your settings are set to receive outbid notices). In the event that two bids of the same increment are placed on an item, the first bid will be honored. The auction will end after no bid has been received on any lot in the auction for 15 minutes.
Placing a bid is a legal contract. Once a bid is placed, you cannot retract it. Bidding may occur in any of the following ways:
a) Online Bidding: Online bidding for registered users who have obtained a User ID and Password is available 24 hours a day. Beginning at 10:00 PM EST on the auction closing date bidding will be extended in accordance with the terms of the "15-Minute Rule", with all items ending at the same time. No retractions of bids are permitted.
b) Telephone Bidding: Telephone bids will be accepted between 9:00 AM and 5:30 PM EST, Monday through Friday at (856)767-8550, except for the auction closing date when bidding will continue until 10:00 PM EST, and then for a time period in accordance with the "15-Minute Rule.". Please note that all phone bid calls made into company are recorded for verification and quality purposes, and by placing a phone bid you consent to this.
c) "15-Minute Rule" Definition : The 15 minute rule means that starting at 10:00 PM EST on the last day of the auction, the auction will close at 10:00 PM EST as long as no bids are placed on any auction item within a 15 minute before the 10:00 PM EST closing time. If no bids are placed during that 15 minute span of time on any auction items, the entire auction will close. If however a bid is placed within that time span on any auction item, the entire auction will stay open for another 15 minutes. This process will stay in effect until no bids are placed within a 15 minute time span on any auction item. The auction will close once no bids are received either online or by telephone for a period of approximately 15 minutes; at which time we will stop accepting all bids. To bid on a lot after 10:00 PM EST you must have placed a bid on that lot prior to 10:00 PM EST. Thus, if you are the only bidder on a lot at 10:00 PM, EST on the auction closing date you will be declared the winner. If the auction continues past 2am EST we reserve the right to close it at any time. Please note we fully expect the auction to stay open until at least 2am EST which means ALL LOTS ARE OPEN, even if no bids on your lot have occurred in past 15 minutes, IT IS OPEN UNTIL ENTIRE AUCTION CLOSES. Goldin Auctions may edit the closing rules of any auction due to the size of the auction or any technical issues that may occur. Goldin Auctions will email our bidders if there is any change in the closing procedure that deviates from the above. Goldin Auctions is not responsible if an individual user has unsubscribed from GA’s notification emails and therefore the user does not receive the closing update email.
3. Buyer's Premium: The bid amounts placed in this sale at www.goldinauctions.com are also referred to as the hammer prices. A Buyer’s Premium will be added to the winning bid or hammer price and is payable by the purchaser as part of the total purchase price. The Buyers Premium for the Jackie Robinson Foundation Auction will be 25% if payment is made by cashier's check, money order, wire transfer, or check within 10 days of the date of invoice. The Buyer’s Premium for the Jackie Robinson Foundation Auction will be 27.5% if payment is made using a credit card and/or is not paid with 10 days of date of invoice. PLEASE NOTE THAT 10% OF THE WINNING BID PRICE FOR EACH LOT, IN THIS AUCTION WILL BE DONATED BY GOLDIN AUCTIONS TO THE JACKIE ROBINSON FOUNDATION.
4. Minimum Bids and Reserves: The minimum bid is the publicly available, lowest amount that the consignor will accept for a lot. All minimum bids are published in the lot catalogue. Some lots may have reserves. A reserve price is a set by the consignor below which the lot will not be sold. Accordingly, if the reserve price is not met at the conclusion of the auction, the lot will not be sold. Reserve bid prices are not publicly available and will not be published, except that two days prior to the auction close, any item with an unmet reserve will be annotated with “Reserve Not Met” in the online bidding. Reserve prices are available to the House and the House may, at its discretion, confidentially place reserve bids and set “up to” bids where the next bid in succession would hit the Reserve price. No reserve price bids placed by the House will be executed at a level greater than one bid below the actual reserve. Any lot that had an unmet reserve at the conclusion of the auction will show as a “pass” in the online catalog.
5. Bidding Increments: Items will be sold to the highest bidder. Bids can be no lower than the minimum bid listed in the catalog and on the website. When bidding, you will be able to view the current high bid for each lot. When you want to bid, you will click to the individual lot page.
1. 0 - $499 - $25 increments
2. $500 - $999 - $50 increments
3. $1,000 - $2,499 - $100 increments
4. $2,500 - $4,999 - $250 increments
5. $5,000 - $9,999 - $500 increments
6. $10,000 - $19,999 - $1,000 increments
7. $20,000 - $29,999 - $2,000 increments
8. $30,000- $49,999 - $3000 increments
9. $50,000 - $99,999 - $5,000 increments
10 $100,000 - $199,999 - $10,000 increments
11 $200,000- $299,999 - $20,000 increments
12 $300,000 - $499,999 $30,000 increments
13 $500,000 - $999,999 - $50,000 increments
14 $1,000,000 and up - $100,000 increments
6. "Up To" or "Limit Bids" and 'Maximum Bids": A bidder is allowed to place an “up to”, “limit” or “maximum bid” which is the price generally set by the bidder which he/she is willing to spend for a lot. When you are placing such an “up to”, “limit bid” or “maximum” bid, you are instructing the auction House to competitively bid on your behalf up to (but not over) a specific “up to”, “limit bid” or “maximum bid” limit set by the bidder. These bids must be calculated in 10% increments in order to ensure other bidders are not being out-bid by less than 10%. These “up to”, “limit” bids or “maximum” bids are not known to the House when such bids are placed online. The software will automatically increase a bid within seconds of a top bid when an “up to” or “maximum” bid is in effect as authorized by the bidder, while at the same time allowing the bidder to purchase the lot for the lowest possible price under the bidder’s maximum bid. Nevertheless, all bids must comply with the “minimum” bid rule. For online “up to”, “limit” or “maximum” bids, our auction software provider has turned off the House’s ability to see your “up to”, “limit” or “maximum” bid. Thus, your maximum bid placed online will not be known to the House in order to hold the auction process to the highest industry standards for both bidders and consignors. “Up to”, “limit” or “maximum” bids can also be placed by calling Goldin Auctions at (856) 767-8550. In this case you will be informing and authorizing the House to place a bid up to the maximum bid on your behalf. Bid with confidence. Since our inception our auction software provider has turned off, at our request, our ability to see your proxy/ceiling bids. Your maximum bid placed online will never be known or seen by us in order to hold our auction process to the highest industry standards, for both bidders and consignors protection!
7. Product Information and In-person product viewing: All population figures come from the current PSA OR SGC Online Population Report. All lots and descriptions are available for viewing at www.goldinauctions.com or in our full color catalog. We also offer detailed phone descriptions and can email or fax you additional information as needed. There are multiple images of virtually every lot available on our website and we make all full letters of authenticity available online as well. You may also contact us to view a lot in person prior to the final day of auction close. Please call or email us to schedule an in person viewing as far in advance as possible. All viewings will take place at our location. We strongly encourage bidders to take advantage of these many options. Please do not wait until the last day.
8. Payment: All invoices should be paid in full within 10 days of the close of the auction. Starting 2/10/2017 you will no longer receive a mailed paper copy of your auction invoice. Invoices will not be mailed but instead will be emailed to bidders the day after auction close and will also available by logging into your account online. Bidders who do not have access to internet or email may request a paper invoice be mailed to them by calling or emailing us the Monday after auction close or notifying us in advance.
Winning bidder payments are accepted by personal check, certified check, cashier’s check, bank check, money order, and wire transfer. Please note that wire transfers less than $1,000.00 will be subject to a $15.00 processing fee. Other acceptable methods of payment include Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover for invoices under $7500. Special arrangements can be made prior to auction close to accept credit card charges in excess of $7,500.00. WE DO NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL. Failure to pay your invoice in a timely manner will result in your bidding privileges being revoked. If an invoice has not been paid within 15 days of invoice date, the bidder's credit card on file will be automatically charged for the full amount due on the 15th day from the date of the Auction close. Company reserves the right to grant extended payment terms for pre-approved buyers prior to auction close at its discretion. Arrangements to extend payment terms must be made PRIOR to bidding. We reserve the right to charge interest on past due unpaid balances at 1.5% per month until paid.
9. Shipping: Costs for packaging, shipping and insurance will be added to all invoices. No lots will be shipped until full payment is received. PLEASE NOTE: All invoices greater than $1000.00 MUST be shipped via FedEx or UPS to a physical address with an adult signature requirement for insurance purposes. Items will be shipped as soon as possible after the payment has cleared. If you would like to pick your items up in person at our New Jersey location, we will waive the shipping and handling charges, however sales tax will be charged in accordance with New Jersey tax codes. If you purchase from a live auction, we do not allow in person pickup at the auction. All items will be shipped from, or picked up in New Jersey, no exceptions. Most items are sent FedEx with tracking, insurance, and signature confirmation. However orders shipped internationally will be shipped via UPS. Extremely large or heavy items may require special shipping arrangements. If you are interested in bidding on an oversized item, we suggest calling before bidding to determine the approximate shipping cost. We do not ship via USPS. Exceptions may be made for domestic shipments valued at less than $1,000 with a valid waiver however no exceptions will be made for international shipments.
10. Taxes and Fees: Shipments made to Nevada and New Jersey will be charged appropriate local sales tax unless the bidder has provided to Goldin Auctions a current and valid Nevada or New Jersey tax exempt resale certificate. Certain countries, regions, states, or municipalities may charge taxes or fees to buyers living in their jurisdiction. Please familiarize yourself with these and how they will affect your purchase prior to bidding.
11. Grading: Grading is subjective. We make every attempt to point out relevant flaws and we provide large photographs online. You may also inspect lots in person prior to the close of the auction (by appointment only). We do not guarantee that our grades will conform to the standards of 3rd party authenticators (TPA's). Furthermore, we are not bound by the opinions of any authenticators, grading services, or "experts". All measurements given in the descriptions are approximate.
12. Authenticity and Returns:
a) Trading cards, Game Tickets (any items encapsulated by a Third Party Grading (TPG) Company): There are no returns on graded and/or authenticated cards, game tickets or any items encapsulated by a TPG (items). The graded "items" in our auction will almost exclusively be graded by the three leading and most respected card grading and authentication companies, PSA, SGC and Beckett (BVG/BGS). We do not guarantee any "items" graded by a specific company will receive the same grade by a competing grading company. Any trading card, card related item or "items" that is not graded is viewable on our website, in person, and through detailed descriptions. Please review this before bidding as there are no returns unless an ungraded "item/s" has an error in description. Any grades given on "items" NOT graded and in slabs are internal estimates of grades and are not guaranteed to receive those grades by a TPG, nor is a difference of opinion on those grades considered an 'error in description.'
b) Autographed items: If an item is not first party authenticated (such as Major League Baseball) we will offer items certified by PSA/DNA, Beckett, JSA and University Archives authenticated from consignors. Whenever possible, especially for modern items, we try to get first person authenticators such as MLB authentication, the athlete themselves, or well known companies that contract with the athlete and witness each autograph. Returns on autographed items are accepted within 30 days of close of auction on items that are NOT certified by either PSA/DNA, JSA, Beckett, University Archives, MLB Auth or first party authenticated items (Steiner, UDA, Mounted Memories, Tri Star, Lojo etc) ONLY if such item does not pass authentication of PSA/DNA and we are provided with such written notice within 30 days of purchase. Items purchased with a PSA/DNA, JSA LOA, Beckett LOA as well as items which have been 'pre authenticated' by PSA/DNA or Beckett or comes with an 'auction letter' from JSA, or certified by MLB, UDA, Steiner,Tri Star, Lojo, or player controlled hologram such as Nolan Ryan , Joe Namath and Joe Montana etc are non refundable. We use PSA, JSA and Beckett for our internal autograph authenticators and will use them both based on the high volume of autographs we receive and the man hours required to review items in our auctions. We do not guarantee that all companies that certify autographs will agree with each other's opinion and a certified autograph by PSA JSA or Beckett may not be returned due to a competing firm disagreeing with their evaluation.
Please note some autographed items come with a COA or LOA, others come only with hologram or sticker.
c) Game Used items: We strive to offer product that is direct from an athlete, team, or league and comes with their certification as to game use. For other products, our primary Third Party Authenticator (TPA) is MeiGray for jerseys, MEARS for jerseys and PSA/DNA for bats. Returns of game used items that are MeiGray certified, MEARS certified, PSA/DNA certified, JT SPORTS certified, Steiner certified, or certified by a league, team or athlete themselves are NOT permitted. Returns will only be considered on a game used item that is NOT certified by MEARS, PSA/DNA, JT Sports, MeiGray, Steiner, athlete , team or league and we are provided with such written notice within 30 days of your receiving the item of a dispute. At such time a return will be accepted at the discretion of Goldin Auctions after reviewing the matter.
i) BOXING Fight Used items: All Boxing fight used items will come with a letter from the boxer, trainer, manager, or third party authenticators Craig Hamiton (JO Sports Inc) and WBC Authenticated. No returns will be allowed on boxing fight used items that come with any or all of the above authentication.
d) Framed items: While we make every effort to protect the frames included in these lots during the auction while the item is in our possession and during shipping, we cannot be responsible for damage to framed items that may occur. If something was damaged in shipping we will help you with any claim with the shipping company. Framed items are NON returnable due to frame damage, please keep this in mind when bidding on a 'framed item'. You are welcome to request a frame be removed from your item prior to shipping if you are the winning bidder. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to this policy.
e) High Resolution Photographs and double zoom: Please note that Goldin Auctions posts multiple high resolution photographs for each lot. It is the sole responsibility of the bidder to carefully inspect each lot photo prior to bidding on a particular lot. Any wear, damage etc will be fully visible in the photographs and no returns or refunds will be allowed regardless of whether the damage and/or wear is mentioned in the lot description.
f) 3rd Party Authenticators Database Information: Please note that recently authenticated items by 3rd party authenticators (including but not limited to: PSA/DNA, JSA, SGC, Steiner, Fanatics, Mears and Meigray) serial numbers and/or hologram numbers may not appear in their database for some time as the authentication information may not be entered immediately by the 3rd party authenticators. Goldin Auctions LLC is in no way responsible for any delay/s involving the 3rd party authenticators entering of authentication information nor is the aforementioned delay sufficient cause to cancel a winning bid and/or refusal to pay any amounts due to Goldin Auctions LLC.
Except as listed above, all sales are final with no returns permitted.
13. COLLUSIVE BIDDING: No bidding by consignors, collusive bidding or shill bidding will be permitted. This means that any type of bid manipulation is expressly forbidden. Accordingly, a consignor is prohibited from placing any bids on his or her consigned items, or otherwise arranging to have bids placed by third parties on his behalf on such consigned items. Furthermore, no shill bidding is permitted. Shill bidding is any bid placed by a person or persons to drive up the final price paid and realized without intent to actually take ownership of the lot. Goldin Auctions also prohibits any bids placed in a false name or in the name of another person or with an invalid payment method, even if the software initially accepts such a bid. Goldin Auction reserves the right to refer fraudulent bidders to the proper authorities for presentation. Please note that as described in paragraph 4 (Minimum Bids and Reserves), Goldin Auction reserves the right to confidentially execute a bid on behalf of the Seller/consignor up to where the next bid in succession would hit the Reserve bid.
14. Goldin Auctions reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids by any bidder. Goldin Auctions has the right to remove any item from auction at any time.
15. Goldin Auctions reserves the right to postpone or delay an auction for any reason without recourse from any bidder or prospective bidder.
16. Errors and descriptions. Goldin Auctions reserves the right to remove an item from our auction at any time. Any error in a Goldin Auctions listing or lot description, whether typographical, photographic or technical, will be dealt with at our discretion. The website will always have the most detailed and up to the minute descriptions on all items, as it can constantly be updated and is not limited to the space within a catalog. Please be sure to check the website for the most detailed descriptions and product images. The website may be updated during the auction to provide additional images, LOA's or product information. If there is an error in description that a winning bidder believes has occurred, they MUST CONTACT US WITHIN 14 DAYS OF RECEIVING PRODUCT to discuss. If we are contacted after 14 days, even in the event of a description error, the bidder shall have no recourse. Goldin Auctions will handle these cases in a case by case basis at its sole discretion.
17. Ownership of Items: Goldin Auctions or its employees may have an ownership interest in items being offered for sale. In addition, Goldin Auctions reserves the right to advance funds to a consignor prior to the auction, at its discretion.
18. Non Payment of Item/s: If a winning bidder does not honor his or her bid with payment in full per the auction rules, then it is agreed that Goldin Auctions, may, at its sole discretion, sell the lots to the under bidder, offer the lots again in a future sale, or hold the defaulting buyer liable for the entire purchase price. In either case, it is explicitly agreed that the non-paying winning bidder will be responsible for any and all losses incurred, and also be responsible for all service charges and/or commissions related to the subsequent sale and that the non-paying winning bidder explicitly agrees to pay any and all costs of collection including reasonable legal fees incurred by Goldin Auctions in the collection of these losses if necessary. In addition, non paying bidders understand that Goldin Auctions may, at its discretion, share their information with other auction houses or print it in the next catalog.
19. Exclusive Dispute Resolution Process: All claims, disputes or controversies in connection with, relating to and/or arising out of your participation in the auction (whether as a consignor, bidder or otherwise) including any purchaser of any item, any description of an item, any damage to an item whether asserted in contract, tort, or under any Federal or State statute or regulation shall be exclusively heard and decided by arbitration conducted by and under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The location for all such arbitrations shall be in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. The arbitrator’s award may be enforced in any court of competent jurisdiction. The fees and costs of the arbitration shall be split by the parties and each party shall be responsible for their own attorney’s costs. This Agreement and any claim shall be determined and construed under the laws of the State of New Jersey. In the event that any matter including actions to compel arbitration, construe the agreement, actions in aid of arbitration or otherwise needs to be litigated, such litigation shall be exclusively in the Federal or State courts located in Camden County, New Jersey, and if necessary the corresponding appellate courts. For such actions, the consignor, bidder, successful purchaser, or Auction participant also expressly submits himself to the personal jurisdiction of the State of New Jersey.
20 Limitation of liability: In no event will the liability of Goldin Auctions LLC exceed the purchase price paid for any lot. Goldin Auctions LLC shall have no liability to any claims made by the under-bidder or any bidder who is not the winning bidder of a particular lot/s.
21. Placing a bid is acceptance of these terms: Any person participating in or who registers for the auction agrees to be bound by and accepts these Terms and Conditions of Auction. If an entity places a bid, then the person executing the bid on behalf of the entity agrees to jointly and personally guarantee payment for any successful bid
Auctioneer reserves the right to refuse to honor any bid or to limit the amount of any bid at their sole discretion.
Auctioneer may occasionally experience internet or service outages and may periodically schedule system maintenance and other purposes, during which bidders cannot participate or place bids. If such outages occur, the House may at its discretion extend bidding for the auction, and/or allow a bid to be placed by a bidder who was unable to bid by the deadline due to internet service outages or other technical issues. Auctioneer is not responsible for system errors and/or software problems if they occur during an auction. Bidders unable to place bids through the internet should contact our offices at (856) 767-8550 or email@example.com.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, Goldin Auctions LLC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH RESPECT TO PROPERTY PURCHASED THROUGH Goldin Auctions LLC. Goldin Auctions LLC MAKES NO GUARANTIES, WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT THE SERVICE PROVIDED BY THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; NOR DOES Goldin Auctions LLC MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY USER FROM Goldin Auctions LLC THROUGH THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.